Love of your life? Check. Engagement ring? Check. What’s next? Wedding bands! Picking out your wedding bands offers the perfect opportunity to personalize the one ring you’ll wear for the rest of your life. One very popular way to do so is with an engraving. Engravings are an easy yet impactful way to personalize your wedding bands with a special message that is symbolic to you and your other half.
Popular Wedding Band Engraving Ideas
There are so many different ways to engrave a ring. If you need engraving inspiration, check out some of our favorite wedding band engraving ideas below.
- Fingerprints: Your partner’s fingerprint can be engraved on the inside or outside of your wedding band so you always carry a little piece of them with you.
- Your initials together: SD + JC or SD & JC – engraving your initials is a sweet and simple representation of your commitment to each other.
- Special dates: 7.2.12 or 7/2/12 -any dates that have a special meaning to the two of you- the day you met, the day you got engaged, your wedding date, etc.
- The GPS coordinates of where you met: If you first locked eyes in San Diego, CA have the latitude and longitude 7157 ° N, 117.1611 ° W engraved on your custom wedding band.
- A meaningful quote: Whether it’s a line from your favorite poem, a romantic song lyric, or a symbolic bible verse, a quote is a beautiful and unique detail to add to your rings. If it’s too long, try using abbreviations or splitting it between both of your bands.
- Infinity symbol: Pay tribute to your everlasting love by engraving a simple infinity symbol on your bands.
- Nicknames: Every couple has adorable, if slightly embarrassing, pet names for each other. Engraving them on the inside of your wedding band is the perfect place to hide them.
- Something funny: If humor is more your style, have an inside joke or a quirky phrase, like “Non-refundable,” engraved on your wedding band.
Engraving tips to keep in mind
Having your wedding bands engraved may seem like a simple task when it comes to wedding planning. But that doesn’t mean it should be put on the backburner! Here are a few simple tips to ensure the engraving is everything you hoped for and more.
- Since customization is involved, engraved wedding bands may take longer until they are ready to be picked up or delivered. Make sure you give your jeweler enough time to complete the engraving before your big day.
- The number of characters permitted is dependent on the ring size. Smaller rings allow fewer characters, whereas larger rings offer more space for an engraving.
- Not every ring can be engraved; some are too thin or highly contoured, eliminating the possibility of engraving. If you know you want to engrave, opt for a style that will be easier to work with, like a thicker band with a smooth surface. If you’re not sure, ask your jeweler for advice.
- This tip can’t be emphasized enough: always, always double check the spelling of your engraving! The engraver won’t know exactly what you meant to say, so ensuring every character is correct is up to you.
Engraving your wedding band in San Diego
Want to have your wedding band engraved in San Diego? Whether you already have wedding bands you want engraved or you’re looking to purchase some, contact Leo Hamel Fine Jewelers on San Diego Avenue. Our expert jewelers are here to help make all your engraving dreams come true. Your one-of-a-kind love will be perfectly captured in your one-of-a-kind wedding bands!