Buying an engagement ring your girl will love can be a daunting task. With so many decisions to make, choosing the ring style she’ll cherish for a lifetime can be as stressful as the proposal itself.
Luckily, one of the leading engagement ring stores in San Diego knows just how to help you pick the ideal ring for your sweetheart. If you follow our expert tips, your search for the ring of her dreams won’t be nearly as difficult as you expect it to be. Read on.
How do I choose an engagement ring for my girlfriend?
Unless you’re designing the ring together, figuring out the ring your lady would love the most requires a lot of effort. If you want to make your girl sublimely happy with a ring she’ll wear for life, here are some steps you should consider to make the process go smoothly.
Determine your budget
Deciding on the budget early can speed up the process immensely. This way, you will limit your options to the rings which are in your price range and explore the available styles and designs without getting overwhelmed.
So, how much should you spend? Regardless of what you might have heard, the ring doesn’t have to cost you a two months salary. Instead of going into debt, buy the finest ring you can afford that’s in line with your girl’s personal style.
Pay attention to her style
Keep a close eye on your girlfriend’s wardrobe. Is her personal style simple and clean? Choose a minimal, understated piece to match it. Or is she someone who doesn’t mind being the center of attention? Get her a big, sparkly ring she’ll gladly show off to her friends. In case you’re not sure, ask her family or girlfriends to give you some insider tips.
Figure out her ring size
Choosing the right size ring for your sweetheart’s finger can make or break your proposal. Well, not really, since you can have the ring properly fitted afterward. Still, unless you want your special moment to be awkward when the ring doesn’t fit, make sure to sneak out a ring she isn’t wearing at the moment and have it measured by the jeweler.
How many carats should an engagement ring be?
An engagement ring is a symbol of your never ending love for your sweetheart. To emphasize this, decide on the carat weight of your diamond or gem based on her personal preferences as well as the following factors:
- Carat weight & cut: diamond carat is a measurement of weight, not size. A nicely cut, three-quarter carat diamond can look larger and more brilliant than a full carat stone with a poor cut.
- Choose the proper setting: ring design can work wonders in making the gem appear larger. Choose the setting that best emphasizes the brilliance and size of your diamond, such as bezel settings and thinner ring bands.
- Think about finger size: if your bride-to-be has delicate hands, a smaller diamond would probably fit her much better than a large two-carat stone which might look glorious on wider fingers.
What engagement rings sparkle the most?
While carat weight and size of the diamond are definitely significant, it is its brilliance that makes a stone stand out the most. Choose a diamond cut that best catches the light and optimizes the diamond’s natural sparkle. Here are some brilliant diamond cuts:
- Round brilliant cut: a stone with a round cut can have as many as 58 facets. This gives it a significantly higher brilliance than that of a single-cut diamond with just 17 facets.
- Marquise cut: as brilliant as the round variant, marquise cut diamonds can appear quite large because of their elongated shape, especially on short fingers.
- Oval cut: similar to marquise diamonds, oval cut stones are high in brilliance and make the fingers seem slender and delicate.
- Heart cut: this popular engagement ring cut requires a simple setting and larger carat weight to emphasize its unique shape and sparkle.
- Princess cut: a diamond with a square princess cut has a truly unique look and gives the stone a great deal of sparkle.
Enchant your sweetheart with splendid engagement rings
If you are a gentleman looking for the finest engagement ring stores in San Diego to make the woman of your life jump for joy, you must visit Leo Hamel Fine Jewelers. Located near Downtown San Diego, our unique jewelry store boasts a stunning collection of engagement rings sure to make any woman happy.
Whether you want to take your pick of the most popular engagement ring styles or you’re looking for a one of a kind statement piece, Leo Hamel Fine Jewelers has exactly what you need. Visit us today and find the ideal ring style for your future fiancé.