Finding the perfect engagement ring can be a daunting task. While there are millions of stunning rings you can choose from, it’s unlikely that you’ll find one that truly speaks to your soul. If you want to ensure your ring fits your personality perfectly, you should consider designing your own engagement ring.
If you’re wondering where you can order a custom engagement ring, we know just the place! Stop by our jewelry store and consult our in-house Master Jewelers renowned for designing the finest custom engagement rings in San Diego. They will employ the utmost skill and expertise to create an engagement ring that is nothing short of perfection.
What should I consider when getting a custom engagement ring?
Whether you’re choosing a ring for the love of your life or you’re deciding on the design together, you need to come up with a style that is as unique as your relationship. Here’s some advice to help you along the way:
- Get inspired: browse the Internet for ring inspiration and prepare some pictures of the rings you like to show to the jeweler.
- Choose your jeweler carefully: the jeweler you choose can make or break your custom ring design, so you should make sure you take your time to select the one whose work you truly admire.
- Choose the material: do you prefer yellow, rose or white gold? Silver? Or a mix of metals? Selecting your favorite metal is usually one of the first steps in custom ring design.
- Find your perfect stone: while diamonds are a classic choice, you can also go with your birthstone or a stunning sapphire or amethyst. Just make sure you choose something that speaks to your style.
- Select the cut: from the round brilliant to the princess, marquise, heart and pear cuts, finding the ideal cut can make any stone sparkle like the most expensive diamond.
- Pick a setting: similarly, the setting of your ring can transform the overall look of your ring: bezel, channel, pavé, three-stone… There’s a myriad of options to choose from.
- Be patient: it can take six weeks or more for your jeweler to bring your engagement ring design to life, so it’s best that you start early.
How long does it take to get a custom engagement ring?
There’s so much that goes into designing and creating a custom engagement ring. The process consists of a number of individual steps which can take anywhere from 6 to 8 weeks to complete.
During your first appointment with the jeweler, you’ll get to show them the ring styles you like and discuss your desired metal, stone, cut and setting. The jeweler will then show you some ring designs that may fit your description. While it’s certainly possible to decide on the final design during the initial appointment, most people stop by the jeweler a couple of times to refine the design and ensure everything looks perfect before it comes time to create.
Once your ring design is finalized, it may take your jeweler about 4-5 weeks to custom make your engagement ring. From the manufacturing of the ring and setting of the diamond/gemstone all the way to the finishing touches, a quality custom ring creation process is neither easy nor quick.
Where to get a custom engagement ring?
Choosing the right engagement ring jeweler can be an overwhelming decision. With so many options to choose from, you probably don’t know where to start. Before you decide, make sure you take the following steps:
- Do your research carefully: ask around and browse the web thoroughly to find a quality jeweler whose style fits your tastes and can design the ring of your dreams.
- Make sure your jeweler is reputable: check your jeweler’s credentials and certifications to make sure they are reliable and possess unmatched skills and expertise.
- Meet your jeweler before you decide: if you want to make absolutely sure you’re making the right choice, schedule a consultation and meet your jeweler in person before you take your pick.
The finest experts for custom engagement rings in San Diego
If you’re searching for the ideal place to purchase your custom engagement ring near Downtown San Diego, look no further than Leo Hamel Fine Jewelers. Our skilled and experienced in-house designers will create the ring you’ve always wanted with unparalleled dedication and skill.
Schedule your consultation today and be one step closer to creating your perfect engagement ring design. What’s more, you might fall in love with one of the gorgeous designs we already have in our sizeable collection if you visit our luxurious showroom. Reach out to us today and let us make your dreams come true!