People decide to sell their engagement and wedding rings for many different reasons and unfortunately, most of them aren’t pleasant. Whether your engagement was called off or you’ve experienced a divorce, it might come in handy to know how to sell your diamond ring properly.
Divorces and broken engagements are undoubtedly difficult, but if you wish to move on and rebuild your life, you may want to consider how to sell your diamond rings in San Diego to rid yourself of unnecessary baggage. Stop by one of our stores and enjoy our superior customer service. You may even find yourself something new, like the vintage-inspired ring you’ve always dreamed of that will help lift your spirits.
Where should I sell my diamond ring?
When selling a diamond engagement ring, you have a variety of outlets and buyers to choose from. Each option comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages, so you should make sure to consider them carefully and decide based on your individual situation.
Here are the most common options for selling diamond rings:
- Auction selling: rare and valuable rings can yield great results at auctions. However, selling your ring this way can take a long time and can have uncertain returns.
- Online selling: selling your diamond ring to an online retailer is quick and convenient and can get you amazing prices if you find a trustworthy buyer.
- Consignment store: consigning your diamond ring may take a bit longer than other options on the list, but can produce impressive results once your ring finds its new home.
- Local jewelry store: renowned jewelry stores have in-house, GIA-trained gemologists who can give your ring a free appraisal and give you the best price on the spot.
How much is my diamond ring worth?
Determining the value of your diamond ring will depend on a variety of different factors. Of course, having an expert evaluate your ring is the best way to ensure you get the best offer. Here are the most important factors that can help you gauge the worth of your diamond ring:
- Having certification for the diamond (GIA, AGS, EGL, etc.)
- The 4 Cs – cut, clarity, color and carat weight
- The condition of your diamond ring
- The desirability of the ring style and stone shape
- The buyer or outlet you choose
What types of diamond rings can you sell?
While you could get an offer for almost any diamond ring, you’ll probably get the best deal if you’re selling a designer brand ring or a certified stone with a great cut grade and carat weight.
Naturally, some diamond ring styles are more sought-after than others. For example, fancy shaped diamonds are less popular and retain less value than a stone with a round or princess cut. However, you should check whether the style of your ring is in style at the moment since some fancy shapes can produce great returns depending on the current trends.
If you are selling a three-stone ring, the center stone will most likely hold the most value and the side stones may or may not be included in the offer depending on the buyer. In any case, choosing a reputable buyer will ensure you get the biggest payout for your diamond ring regardless of the style.
Where can you sell your diamond rings in San Diego?
Selling your engagement ring or wedding ring can be an emotional experience, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a completely unpleasant one. Selling your diamond ring to Leo Hamel Jewelry & Gold Buyers is safe, completely stress-free and will ensure you get only the best deal for your stone.
Visit one of our convenient locations throughout San Diego County and bring us your diamond rings and other valuables. Our jewelry buying experts will evaluate your piece as a whole and ensure you get nothing but the top price!
Stop in today!