Find the perfect Jade Jewelry for the perfect price at Leo’s.
Jade JewelryDid you know that two different gem materials can correctly be called jade? The gemstone jade is a generic term for both jadeite and nephrite. Both stones are made up of tiny interlocking mineral crystals. Jadeite comes in a wide variety of shades of green, yellow, reddish orange, lavender, white, grey, black, and brown. The coloration is often streaked or mottled, giving jadeite gemstones a unique visual texture. This allows jewelers and carvers to create imaginative and intriguing designs with the gemstone. Similarly, nephrite is usually streaked or mottled; however, colors are more muted than jadeite. Colors range from translucent to opaque and include light to dark green, yellow, brown, black, gray, or white. Most people associate jade gemstones with the color green—this is because green jade is the most common. Green jade is considered to be a “dream stone,” releasing negative thoughts and irritability while soothing the mind. Each shade of jade has different meanings and properties.
- Black Jade- emanates strong, protective energies to ward off physical and psychological threats
- Blue Jade- calms the mind and encourages peace and reflection
- Brown Jade- is a ground stone, providing comfort and reliability
- Lavender/Purple Jade- encourages mirth and happiness while alleviating emotional hurt
- Orange Jade- brings positivity and joy
- Red Jade- dispels fear that holds one back and urges one to action
- White Jade- filters distractions and aids in decision making
- Yellow Jade- cheerful and energetic
Visit our jewelry store on San Diego Avenue today! Click here for driving directions, phone numbers, and hours of operation. NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY!