Find the perfect Sapphire Gemstone at the perfect price at Leo’s.
Sapphire GemstoneSapphire is one of the most popular gemstones and is used extensively in fine jewelry. More commonly known as the September birthstone, sapphires are an excellent choice for all styles of jewelry, including rings, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. A Corundum variety, sapphires are rated 9 out of 10 on the Mohs Scale of Hardness. This means sapphires are one of the most durable gemstones (second only to diamonds) and are perfect for every day wear. Did you know the crystal of modern watches is actually made of sapphire? This is because of how strong it is! The brilliant blue color of sapphires dazzles as the centerpiece in rings and pendants, as well as side stones to complement another gemstone. Looking for that ‘something blue’ to wear on your wedding day? Sapphires are an excellent choice. Add a pop of color to any occasion with these glamorous gemstones that are believed to bring gifts of joy, prosperity, inner peace, and beauty. While blue is the most common, sapphires dazzle in an abundance of striking colors. Each colored sapphire holds a unique meaning:
- Pink sapphires- Known to stimulate emotions and encourage love, forgiveness, and release of the past. Colors range from pale, baby pink to hot pink shades.
- Yellow sapphires- Bring wisdom and creative focus to help manifest one’s goals and ambitions. Colors range from pastel, light yellow to bright lemon yellow.
- Orange sapphires- Popular among artists, writers, and singers, orange sapphires (Padparadsha) unite one’s creativity, sensuality, and spirituality. Colors range from light orange to vivid reddish orange.
- Green sapphires- Bring the wisdom of fidelity and integrity and encourage compassion for others. Colors range from light to dark bluish green through yellowish green.
- Purple sapphires- Known as a gemstone of spiritual awakening, purple sapphires stimulate meditation and peace. Colors range from deep purple to delicate violet.