Sell Your Vintage Jewelry
Get the most when you sell your vintage jewelry to Leo’s in San Diego!
SELL VINTAGE IN SAN DIEGO
What is vintage jewelry?All vintage jewelry is pre-owned, or used jewelry. Typically, vintage jewelry is classified as pieces that are 20-100 years old. However, even a ring that was purchased 2 years ago and sold back to a jeweler is considered vintage. Vintage jewelry can be characterized by the period of time in which it was produced.
Vintage Jewelry from Different Eras:
- Georgian Jewelry: Circa 1714 to 1837. Extravagant and regal. Expertly crafted, hand-made works of art. Georgian jewelry features ornate metal work, floral motifs, and rose and old mine cut diamonds.
- Victorian Jewelry: Circa 1837 to 1901. Elaborate and artistic. Named for the reigning queen of the time, Queen Victoria. Victorian jewelry features romantic motifs, colored gemstones and pearls, and mourning jewelry.
- Art Nouveau Jewelry: Circa 1890 to 1910. Intricate and graceful. An imaginative and original style by new age jewelers. Art Nouveau jewelry features pale colors, curving, nature inspired designs, and beautiful enameling techniques.
- Edwardian Jewelry: Circa 1901 to 1920. Elegant and decorative. Designed to convey femininity and decorum. Edwardian jewelry features extensive filigree techniques, lacy designs, and a wide use of diamonds and pearls.
- Art Deco Jewelry: 1920 to 1930. Lively and stylish. Expressed the high-spirit of the Roaring 20s. Art Deco jewelry features bright colors, geometric patterns, and intricately detailed settings.
- Retro Jewelry: Circa 1930 to 1950. Bold and extraordinary. Reflected Hollywood’s golden age. Retro jewelry features glitzy statement pieces, whimsical designs, and feminine motifs.
- Modern Jewelry: Circa 1950s to present. Contemporary and timeless. Advanced technology allows for evolved designs. Modern jewelry features dramatic designs, flashy diamonds, and textured settings.
There are certain factors that determine the value of vintage fine jewelry. These include:
- Period significance
Click here to find a Jewelry & Gold Buying location nearest you for driving directions, phone numbers, and hours of operation. NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY!